A digital photograph is one of the most powerful ways to share a message. Most schools have ready access to digital cameras.
If you don’t have a camera at hand, think …
- your cellphone probably has a camera
- your laptop or desktop computer might have a webcam
- iPods, iPads and other tablets often have cameras
The basics of the camera:
- hold it steady – use a hand or neck strap
- stand with your legs the same distance apart as your shoulders (this is where I talk about tripods and bipods)
- the rule of thirds
- think about angles and viewpoints
The Digital Photography School has thirteen important ideas which will help children (and adults) take better photographs.